Saturday, August 16, 2008

remodeling, georgia, and six fags






Whew!! What a summer it has been!! Our remodeling is finished and everything turned out so great!! The bathrooms are now very pretty and I especially love our master bath. The new floors are a definite improvement from the pink carpet and gross brown carpet. We had to move out during the process. During that time, we visited my dear friend Tracy and her daughters. We both met at Stone Mountain. Our daughters hit it off right away and became  fast friends. I told Tracy she shouldn't be surprised. We have been friends for over 20 years. It was bound to carry over to our girls!! We had a great time, but we both decided we need to meet in the fall next time. It was HOT!! We took a cable car up to the top of a mountain, we played mini golf, we went to a petting zoo, rode a train, swung on ropes, met Larry the Cucumber and Bob the tomato( Mary Rose's favorite part) and had lots of fun just hanging out! Miss you already Tracy, Madison, Reagan and Emerson!!! Chad and I took the girls to six flags. Also very HOT!!! and CROWDED. The girls didn't seem to notice and had a great time at the water park, while Mary Rose and I braved the very crowded zoo. I decided that the memphis Zoo was better, but we still had fun. I had so much fun hanging out with my girls this summer. I am really going to miss them when they go off to school this Monday. We have grown closer and as they get older, I can catch small glimpses of the young women they will become. I am one lucky mom!! love to you all! Dawn

5 comments:

Laura said...

Wow. The bathroom looks fabulous. But, I'm dying to get a glimpse of the floors in the dining room and front room. Put up some of those!

Christine said...

Beautiful bathrooms- who is your remodeler?

Wheatley Family said...

You met six fags on your trip...! Werid!:)

Alicia said...

The bathroom looks awesome! Yay for the demise of the pink carpet! :)

Dawn said...

yay indeed!! It will not be missed. Christine's talented husband LaDell did our bathrooms. We highly recommend him and James. They did a great job!! Mary Rose misses talking to James, but he probably doesn't miss that part!!