Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My sweet summer!!





































I know, I know!! It has been too long, and I really have noexcuse! So.. I will dive right in and post the pictures. We are off to a wonderful summer! The girls ended their school year and we have been really busy ever since! We did swimming lessons with Sister Langstraat again and all the girls did so well! We were joined by my sister Laura and her boys during that two weeks and everyone had a blast except for one incident at swimming lessons involving my sister's car which I will not divulge! The girls then proceeded to go on a two week trip withChad around the west. They will be back on Friday and I can't wait to see them! Emma has told me she forgot what I looked like! I went to the beach by myself and had a great time! There were many things I learned on that trip. I think if given the opportunity, everyone should travel alone once in a while. It was so wonderful to listen to my own thoughts and to really reflect on some things. I learned that I am not such a bad person. Yes, I make mistakes and I am hopelessly flawed in many capacities, but I am also pretty capable of doing a lot of things and I think I am stronger than I think I am. At least I sure hope I am!! I met a fabulous lady at the beach and I know it was not by chance that we met. As soon as we started talking to each other we told each other our whole life stories and we were instantly connected. She made me feel better about life and I hope I did the same for her. And really... isn't that why we are all here? We need to bear one another's burdens and uplift one another when and if we can. It feels so good to be on the giving and the receiving end of that sentiment. Well, enough of that! Enjoy the pictures and happy summer!! Love to you all, Dawn

3 comments:

Christine said...

Are you counting the hours til they get home?

JNew said...

i'm not sure if i would be brave enough to go on vacation by myself - i'm impressed!

Dave, Catherine, Chandler, and Callie said...

Sure love you, Tibby. Loved your post too. Such sweet girls. I'm glad you had a great trip and realized some good things about yourself. You can do anything!