Saturday, September 27, 2008

GNO and the lichterman nature center






Emma and I recently had a girls night out just the two of us. We were celebrating a week of homework with no tears. Yeah!!! We got all dressed up and had a great time!! Today we went to the lichterman nature center. I haven't been there since I was a child. It was really fun! They had a lot of crafts to do with the kids and an obstacle course where they pretended to be birds. They had a live animal show where they got to pet a snake, a pigeon, a BIG bullfrog and a possum. YES a possum. I thought that one was gross, but the others were pretty neat. The kids all had to raise their hands when they had a question. Mary Rose figured she had to as well, but she could only think of one question . She kept asking, "does them have teeth?" She asked this about every animal. The man was really nice about it and answered yes each time. She thought she was really big!! On Wednesdays they have raindrop kids for 3-5 year olds where they learn about animals and make a craft. Mary Rose and I will be there Wednesday if anyone wants to join us! Love to you all, Dawn

3 comments:

JNew said...

Girls' night, what a fun idea! Looks like you went to the melting pot - am I right?

Dawn said...

yep! It was fun!!!

Susan said...

Hi Dawn! I won't be able to go to book club! Darn! But tell everyone: I DID read Ender's Game and I liked it because my little brother is an "Ender" himself (which means I like to think of myself as a "Valentine"! :)