Friday, October 17, 2008

My Emma Lou

                                                       Keep Rocking EMMA!!!
                                                  She has always been a goof!!!
                            This was the day we brought her home from the hospital
                                                  This is Emma at about 6 months

My Emma is turning 7. I can not believe how grown up she is. I am so proud of her. She is a beautiful, confident young girl who knows who she is and where she is going. She loves to be her and I love to watch her grow and become who she is. As soon as she was put in my arms, I knew Heavenly Father gave her to me as a precious gift and I have been so grateful for her every day. She makes me laugh and she touches me a great deal with the kindness that is in her heart. She says she is going to buy a house next door to me and live with me forever. I wish that comes true with all of my heart! One of my favorite quotes I have heard is, "Having a child is making the decision to have your heart go walking around outside of your body." That is my EMMA.  We had her birthday party today. It got a little crowded at the end, but I think it went well. She had a great time and LOVED all of her presents. Especially her guitar. She has wanted one for quite awhile.  Dave Sparkman got a lot more pictures than we did. I always forget to take pictures at parties, because I get so busy. When he gives them to us, I will post them. Thank you Dave!!!We love you EMMA LOU!!!!!

7 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday, Emma Lou! I wish I could have been there. Looks like you had a rockin' good time!

jewly said...

Happy Birthday Emma. You look great with that guitar. Thanks for the soup it was delicious!

Dave, Catherine, Chandler, and Callie said...

Happy Birthday, Emma! Chandler had an awesome time at your party!Thanks for having us.

Sarah (and a few others) said...

Happy Birthday Emma! Having a daughter is like watching yourself grow up...

JNew said...

That's so sweet...I can't wait til I have a daughter. Happy birthday, Emma!

Christine said...

Happy b-day Emma! Thanks for being such good pals with Ethan!

Alicia said...

Wow, this last year sure has flown! Happy Birthday, Emma!